top of page
  • How to Apply for Work&Travel Program?
    You have to apply via local agencies in your country. These agencies will help you finding job in the USA, getting your Ds 2019, preparation for visa interview, finding affordable plane ticket, having orientation about programs' rules and life in the USA. If you cannot find local agency in your country, you can directly contact with program sponsors.
  • How Does the Program Work?
    You will be welcomed as a visitor with a U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa. This visa allows you to livr and work in the United States for up to four months during your university summer break. It also gives you the possibility to travel for an additional 30 days after your job ends.
  • Are You Eligible?
    1- Be at least 18 years old (check with your local representative for specific rules). 2- Be registered as a full-time university student. 3- Be able to function in English, both at work and in a community. 4- Apply via local agency, have a pre-arranged job. 5- Have at least $800 to support yourself upon arrival in the United States.
  • What Kind of Jobs are Avaliable?
    Particioants fill a variety of entry-level positions, including retail, wait staff, counter staff, maintenance staff, housekeeping and amusement park positions.
  • How Much Does It Cost?
    Program fees vary from country to country. The local agencies' in your home country will be able to provide you with details about the cost of the program. You will also need to pay the cost of your transportation to and from the U.S. , accident and sickness insurance, housing and personal expenses. Approximate pricing list here
  • How Much Will I Earn?
    Employers in Work&Travel program are required to pay you the same wage that they would pay Employees from the U.S. Currently the federal minimum wage in the U.S. is $7.25 per hour, but your pay may be higher, depending on where you work and the type of job you perform.
  • Can I Get More Than One Job?
    Yes, you are allowed to work at more than one job on the Work&Travel USA progran. Please remember that your primary commitment is to your first employer and you have to let your employer ans sponsor know about your second job.
  • What Am I Allowed to Do During My Time Off?
    You are allowed to do what you like with your free time, provided you obey U.S. laws and Work&Travel Program rules. There may also be additional rules for your employee housing that you must follow. You are strongly encouraged to learn about American culture by participating in cultural activities offered by your host community surrounding area.
  • What Should I Do If I Lose My Passport or Other Documents?
    If you lose your passport or visa, contact your embassy or consulate as soon as possible so they can assist you obtaining new documents. If you lose your DS-2019 form, please contact your sponsor. If you lose your Social Security Card, you don't need to replace it as long as you know your Social Security Number or have a photocopy of the card. If you would like a replacement card, contact the Social Security Administration.
  • How to Apply for Social Security Number (SSN)?
  • What If I Have not Received Mt Social Security Card?
    If six weeks have passed and you have not received your card, call the Social Security Administration at 1.800.772.12.13. Have your Social Security receipt ready. If you have additional questions, contact your sponsor. Important: Your Social Security Number is yours alone, do not allow others to use your number. Record your number in a safe place in case your card is lost or stolen. Protect both your card and your number to prevent misuse.
  • What is SEVIS?
    SEVIS is an abbreviation for the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System, a database maintained by the U.S. government to keep track of the adresses of students and exchange visitors. You MUST register in SEVIS within 10 days of your arrival in the United States. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security requires registration. If you do not register in SEVIS, you may subject to arrest or deportation.
  • What If I Want to Stay and Work Longer?
    You are only allowed to work during the dates that are listed on part 3 of your DS-2019 Form. Under no circumstances can the dates of your J-1 Visa be extended. You are allowed to stay in the U.S. and travel for 30 days after the dates listed on part 3 of your DS-2019, but you are not allowed to work during this time.
bottom of page